In the world of event ticketing, opportunities to attend your favorite concerts, sports events, and shows are abundant. However, circumstances may arise where you find yourself with extra tickets that you want to sell. If you’re wondering how to sell your Ticketmaster tickets on StubHub, this comprehensive guide will walk you through the process step by step.
Can I Sell Ticketmaster Tickets on StubHub?
Short Answer: If you can transfer the tickets from Ticketmaster, then you can sell them on StubHub. However, there are a few crucial steps to consider before you embark on this process.
- Verify Ticket Ownership: Make sure that the tickets you want to sell are legally yours. Check for any resale limitations placed on them by the event organizers, performing artists, or the venue. Review the terms and conditions associated with your tickets.
- Check Transferability: Not all tickets are the same, and some, like mobile-only tickets, may only be used with specific devices or verification systems for entry. Confirm with Ticketmaster if your tickets are transferable.
How to Sell Ticketmaster Tickets on StubHub
Confirm that the tickets can be transferred
Before you start selling your tickets, ensure there are no restrictions on who can use them. You can check the transferability of your Ticketmaster tickets by:
- Reviewing the ticket terms and conditions or contacting Ticketmaster’s customer service.
- Checking your Ticketmaster account’s order history and looking for the “Sell” or “Transfer” option next to the event. If these options are not available, you may not be able to resell or transfer your tickets.
Register for an account on StubHub
If you don’t already have an account on StubHub, you need to create one. To do this:
- Visit the StubHub website and complete the registration process.
- Agree to StubHub’s terms and conditions.
Find the event and add your tickets
Now, it’s time to list your tickets for sale on StubHub. Follow these steps:
- Go to the “Sell Tickets” page on StubHub.
- Provide event details, including the event name, date, time, number of tickets, section, and price.
- StubHub may require a barcode or ticket number to verify the authenticity of the tickets.
- Double-check all the information you’ve entered before proceeding.
Set the price and go through the listing
Pricing your tickets is a crucial step in the selling process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Set the price you want for your tickets. It’s important to strike a balance between making a profit and attracting buyers. StubHub offers a “recommended price” tool based on market demand, or you can set your own price.
- Choose your preferred payment method for selling tickets.
- Review the listing for accuracy, including price and seat location, before finalizing it.
Transfer the tickets
After listing your tickets, you’ll need to wait for a buyer to make a purchase. Once your tickets are sold, you’ll receive an email notification from StubHub. Before the buyer can use the tickets, they must be transferred from Ticketmaster to StubHub. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Ticketmaster account and select the order containing the tickets you sold.
- Click the “Transfer” button next to the order and enter the buyer’s email address provided by StubHub.
- Confirm the transfer by clicking “Send Tickets.”
- Ticketmaster will send you another email once the transfer is complete.
Wait for StubHub to complete your payment
Once the buyer has received the tickets, and the transfer is finalized, the sale is complete. Typically, payments through StubHub are processed within 5 to 8 business days after the event date. You can monitor the progress of your transaction in the “My Tickets” > “Sales” section on StubHub.
Are there any restrictions on the types of events or tickets I can sell on StubHub?
StubHub allows the resale of various event tickets, including sports, concerts, theater, and more. However, certain events or tickets may have restrictions or requirements set by the event organizers, artists, or venues. Always check the specific event’s terms and conditions to ensure you can sell your tickets on StubHub.
Can I set my own ticket price, or does StubHub determine the pricing for me?
You have the flexibility to set your own ticket price when listing tickets on StubHub. You can choose a price that you believe is fair, or you can use StubHub’s “recommended price” feature, which suggests a price based on market demand and other factors. Ultimately, the decision on pricing is yours.
What fees does StubHub charge for selling tickets, and how are they calculated?
StubHub charges sellers a fee, which is typically a percentage of the sale price. The exact fee may vary, but it’s essential to review StubHub’s fee structure before listing your tickets. The fee is typically deducted from your earnings after the sale.
Can I remove my listing on StubHub if I change my mind about selling my tickets?
Yes, you can remove your listing on StubHub if you change your mind about selling your tickets. As long as the tickets have not been purchased by a buyer, you can take down your listing. However, it’s important to review StubHub’s policies regarding listing removal and any potential fees associated with it.
How much does Ticketmaster charge to resell tickets?
Ticketmaster does not openly disclose the resale fee when you list your tickets. However, sellers have reported that both Ticketmaster and StubHub deduct a 15% fee from ticket sales.
Selling Ticketmaster tickets on StubHub can be a convenient way to recoup your investment and offer others a chance to enjoy the event. Ensuring that your tickets are transferable and following the steps outlined in this guide will help you successfully list and sell your tickets. It’s essential to educate yourself about any restrictions or limitations imposed by both Ticketmaster and StubHub to ensure a seamless and hassle-free transaction. So, if you have extra tickets and want to share the experience with fellow fans, consider using StubHub as your platform for resale.