Owning an LG Smart TV can bring an array of entertainment options to your fingertips. However, like any modern smart device, your LG TV may start experiencing issues over time, such as sluggish performance or out-of-memory errors. Often, these problems can be traced back to the accumulation of cache data. In this article, we will guide you through the process of clearing the cache on your LG Smart TV to enhance its performance and address common issues.
Clearing Cache on LG Smart TV:
One of the simplest solutions to improve the performance of a sluggish LG Smart TV is to clear its cache. Clearing the cache helps the TV restart and reset its configuration, often resolving various performance-related issues.
Clear Cache of WebOS on LG Smart TV:
LG Smart TVs running WebOS have two methods to remove app cache data. Let’s explore these approaches:
- First Approach: Turn Off WebOS on Your LG Smart TV:
- Turn off your LG Smart TV.
- Turn the TV back on to clear saved session data, clean the app cache, and close any open applications.
- Second Approach: Close Background Apps:
Some apps may continue running in the background, accumulating cache data. To address this:
- Access the Settings tab on your LG TV by going to the Home Screen, clicking Menu, and selecting Settings.
- Open the storage compartment and choose “Application Manager” from the Apps menu.
- Select the app you want to clean, then choose “Storage” to access the app’s storage space.
- Scroll down to find the “Clear Cache” button and eliminate the app cache. Note that not all apps support this feature.
Clear the App Cache:
For optimal performance, it’s essential to clear the cache of each app individually. The size of an app’s cache directly affects how much storage it consumes.
Clear the Cache on Your LG Smart TV WebOS Browser:
Your LG TV’s web browser may accumulate cache data based on your online activity. To clear the browser cache:
- Open the LG TV browser (Web Engine).
- Access the browser’s settings by clicking the menu symbol in the top right corner.
- Locate and select the “Settings” tab.
- Enable Private Browsing to prevent further cache buildup.
- To delete the cache, open the browser, choose Menu, go to Settings, and select Clear Browsing Data.
- Click “OK” to remove the cache.
Why should I clear the cache on my LG Smart TV?
Clearing the cache enhances the TV’s performance, resolves common issues, and ensures smooth operation.
How often should I clear the cache on my LG TV?
It’s recommended to clear the cache periodically or when you encounter performance issues.
Will clearing the cache delete my saved settings or apps?
Clearing the cache won’t affect your settings or installed apps; it only removes temporary data.
Can I clear the cache of all apps at once on my LG Smart TV?
No, you must clear the cache of each app individually to optimize performance.
Maintaining your LG Smart TV by clearing cache data is a simple yet effective way to keep it running smoothly. Whether you have performance issues or just want to ensure the best viewing experience, regularly clearing the cache can make a significant difference in your TV’s performance.